Food blogging can be laborious and time-taking. You also need lots of images. Thankfully, there are a ton of free stock photo resources and image editing tools for your food blogging business. Here is a long list of killer resources curated by different bloggers and, of course, Food Blogging Guide!
Photo Editing, Collages, & Templates
Edit your images, create stunning photo collages, and make interesting infographics.
- PicMonkey: Edit images by adding text, borders, filters, and more
- Pixlr: Add frames, borders, and overlays to your photos
- BeFunky: Add text and filters to your images
- Canva: Edit photos, create collages, add text, etc. Perfect for creating Pinterest images, Faceook images, Instagram posts, Twitter headers, and more
- Easelly: Make infographics for your blog
- ecover Designs: Create 3D book covers for your ebooks
- Fotor: Add filters and effects to your photos
- imgur Meme Generator: Make memes using imgur templates.
- Meme Generator: Make a meme and add some humor to your food blog
- piZap: Make collages and edit photos
- Placeit: Product mockups and templates. Use it for ebooks
- Recite This: Quickly make quote images
- Ribbet: A PicMonkey alternative
- Social Image Resizer Tool: Create optimized images for social media.
Free Stock Photos
Need some stock photography on your food blog, sales pages, social media posts, etc. Here are some great websites for excellent stock photography for free commercial use, mostly without any attribution requirement.
- Pexels: Hand-picked images.
- Pixabay: Great stock images without attribution; use for ingredients and general recipes
- Wylio: Thousands of Creative Commons photos
- 500PX: Free high quality photos
- Albumarium: Incredible fruit photos
- Camarama: High resolution images
- Creative Commons Photos: Public domain photos
- Death to Stock Photos: Get beautiful, high quality photos delivered month to your email inbox
- Epicantus: Use high-resolution photos; no attribution required
- Every Stock Photo: Find stock photo on the web
- FindA.Photo: Search for photos based on color
- Foodies Feed: Stunning food photos
- Foter: Millions of photos to use
- Free Range Stock: More free photos here
- Free Stock Image Point: Free photos for personal and commercial use
- GetRefe: Huge collection of outdoor images
- Good Free Photos: Search photos based on location
- Gratisography: Humorous photos
- IsoRepublic: High-quality photos with a creative touch
- Morguefile: Great food and vegetable stock photos
- Photober: High quality close-up food images
- Picjumbo: Professional, high-res stock photos.
- Raumrot: Food and drink images
- respashed: HD photos with filters
- Splashase: Search stock photo libraries
- Stokpic: High-quality stock images
- Upicm: Close up food and fruit shots
- Wikipedia Commons: Lots of images to choose from
Need even more? Check out this article by Canva for more free images.
Optimize Your Food Photos
Don't want your large food photo files slow you blog. Use these free online tools and plugins to reduce image sizes and speed up your food blog.
- Compressor.io: Compress JPEG, PNG, GIF, and SVG photos
- EWWW Image Optimizer: Reduce photo file sizes in WordPress
- ImageOptimizer: Resize photos and reduce file size
- JPEG-Optimzer: Compress and resize digital images and photos online
- Kraken: Shrink photo file sizes or resize your photos with any loss in quality
- TinyPNG & TinyJPG: Compress your photos
- Smush.it: WordPress plugin to optimize your photos
- Hammy: WordPress plugin that makes multiple smaller sizes of your photos