Do you want to start a food blog website? Don’t know how? Here is a quick and easy guide to create your food blog in just about 30 minutes with Bluehost & WordPress.
In this easy food blog guide, you will have step-by-step instructions to create your first food blog using WordPress in just few minutes and start blogging. It will take just about 30 minutes to have a pro-looking food blog ready. Let’s get started.
Step by Step Guide to Create a Food Blog
1. Click here (special affiliate link) to purchase affordable & reliable BlueHost web hosting for just $3.45/month. Click on the “Get Started” button (for the shared hosting plan). (Why Bluehost? Bluehost is one of the best and cheapest web hosting service, particularly for beginners. It offers the best & reliable web hosting at cheapest rates possible. You also get the domain for free as long as you stay with them. When you move, transfer the domain to any other registrar.)
2. Select your Shared hosting hosting plan. Chose the Starter or Plus plan, which work best for beginner bloggers. Click “Select” to choose your Bluehost plan.
3. Enter your desired domain name (website address such as foodplaza.com or lemonrecipes.com) in the “New Domain” box and then click “next” to see if it is available. If it is already registered, you will have to try searching for a new domain.
Do you have a domain name registered? If you already own a domain name for your blog, type your existing domain in the other box — “I Have a Domain Name” — and then click “next”. Do not use this box if you haven’t got this domain already registered and paid for the domain registration! Be warned, you will have to change the Name Server of your domain if you are going to use a domain that you already own.
4. If your chosen website domain is not available, you will be suggested some available domain names. You can choose one of the suggested domains or search again for another domain name.
5. Once you find an available domain name for your log, you will be taken to the registration page. Enter your correct billing address and payment details. Make sure to uncheck the options that are unwanted to keep cost low.
6. Choose your hosting package, tenure (12 months or longer) and other options. Get the 36 month package if you want to save the cost in the long run. Otherwise, go for the 12-month or 24-month package. Uncheck the boxes next to the other products. You can get these services later if you need them.
7. As soon as you complete the payment, your Bluehost web hosting account is setup (in a few minutes) and you receive the welcome email with your hosting details, cpanel login and password, nameserver information, etc.
8. Login to your account by visiting the BlueHost homepage and clicking on the login link at the top of the page. Enter in your domain name and the password you chose at the time of purchasing your domain & hosting.
9. Once you have logged in to your Bluehost control panel, you can install WordPress, the most popular and easy blogging software. Check the Bluehost control panel demo at https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/home
10. Close any pop-up windows in the hosting account controlpanel dashboard. Look under the “Website” heading and click on the “Install WordPress” link to automatically install WordPress blogging platform.
11. You will be automatically logged in to Mojo Marketplace and taken to the WordPress installation wizard page. Click on the “Install” button to begin.
12. Select your domain name and click “Check Domain”. Do not enter anything in the directory textbox.
13. Check the “Show advanced options” box. Enter the title, email, username, and password for your new WordPress blog. All of them except the username can be changed later through the administration dashboard of your WordPress wbsite. Keep your username and password safely written or saved. Make sure to use a fully functional email address so that you can recover your password if you forget it.
14. Check the box to agree to the terms and then click the “Install Now” button. WordPress is now installing!
15. Once the installation is complete, click on the “View Credentials” link at the top of the page to see your login (username/password) information for the new WordPress blog. Don’t worry. You will also get an email with your login information as soon as the installation is over.
Congratulations! You just created a blog with WordPress.
Now, log in to you new WordPress blog at YourDomainName.com/wp-admin/ and tweak with the Settings, Appearance, Themes options in the WordPress dashboard menu. Make it your own. Here are a few things to do with your brand-new blog.
- Log in to WordPress dashboard
- Add a tag line for your blog in the Settings page.
- Choose the right Permalink structure in the Settings -> Permalinks page.
- Delete the dummy post & page in the Post & Page sections.
- Add a nice “About” page for your blog via Pages -> Add New.
- Change the look of the blog, go to the Appearance -> Themes page.
- Add plugins for SEO, Contact form, etc.
- Write your first blog post via Dashboard -> Posts -> Add New.
In case you missed the special Bluehost promotion link, here you go.
Keep exploring the food blogging tutorials on this website to learn more about how to start a successful food blog business and make money with your full-time food blogging business.